Especially for a runner (or even, for that matter, a wannabe runner).
Whether you’re working up to a full lap around your neighborhood, trying to top your fastest 5K, or looking to absolutely dominate a marathon, sometimes all you need is a partner in crime to turn that lonely road into the golden paved path to achieving your very best (time, post-race feeling, skirt size, race medal collection…or however else you might define success).
I wholeheartedly believe that each and every individual can find success, contentment, and most importantly, joy, in running. So much so that I’ve dedicated my life to it – to helping other runners attain the success they’re seeking when they lace up their shoes.
And if there’s one thing I know for sure: you don’t have to be the fastest to find what you’re looking for on the road. You simply have to lace up your shoes and put one foot in front of the other.
So where does a running coach fit into the equation?
I have worked with runners of all levels – from those who have never ran before to those who have been running for years. I approach each client uniquely and work with them to identify and achieve their running goals.
- A better understanding of your goals. We’ll nail down exactly what “success” means to you. Not me, not the other people on the path. You.
- A tailored training plan. Your body, your goals, your runs. Again, everything I do is tailored to you as a runner. I’ll bring my running chops and we’ll tweak them to fit your time schedule, body and mind.
- One-on-one attention. When you work with me, you can expect regular contact. From gentle nudges to keep you on track to weekly check-ins, emails, texts and phone calls, I’m invested in your success, so you can bet I’ll be ready and waiting to answer your questions and to share in your triumphs.
- Professional guidance. I’m an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer, a National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Road Runners Club of America Certified Running Coach. I’ve dedicated hours and hours to ensuring that the advice I give is on-point, safe and effective. I can even help you with plans for strength training and cross training.
- A personal cheerleader. Sometimes, you really just need that extra boost or that gentle reminder to run for fun. As your coach, you can guarantee I’ll be the first one to cheer you on toward your goals.
Kourtney has been training me since I gave birth to my son 2 years ago. We started with running, and with Kourtney helping me train for my first 5K that she even ran with me… I can only thank Kourtney for all her positive words of encouragement and believing in me when I didn’t believe in myself. She truly cares for her clients and will go the extra mile to make sure you reach your goals and then some.
– Melissa Crooks
Ready to get started?
My rates are tailored to your goals. Getting started is fast + simple. Drop me a line on my contact page and I’ll get back to you on the double. Then we’ll hit the road… running.